Baked French Toast with Blueberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Texas toast
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
DirectionsPour melted butter on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lift and
tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. In a large shallow bowl, whisk the
eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg. Dip both sides of Texas toast into
egg mixture; place on prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25
minutes or until lightly browned.
For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch,
cinnamon and cloves. Stir in blueberries and orange juice
concentrate. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Serve with French toast. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).